Translate

Friday, March 6, 2015

REVIEW: Where the Road Takes Me by Jay McLean

Chloe has one plan for the future, and one plan only: the road. She’s made a promise to herself: don’t let anyone in, and don’t let anyone love her. She’s learned the hard way what happens if she breaks her rules. So she’s focused on being invisible and waiting until she can set out on the road—her dream of freedom, at least for a little while.
Blake Hunter is a basketball star who has it all—everything about him looks perfect to those on the other side of his protective walls. He can’t let anyone see the shattered pieces behind the flawless facade or else all his hopes and dreams will disappear.
One dark night throws Chloe and Blake together, changing everything for Blake. For Chloe, nothing changes: she has the road, and she’s focused on it. But when the so-called perfect boy starts to notice the invisible girl, they discover that sometimes with love, no one knows where the road may lead.

Wow. Where the Road Takes me is one of my favorite reads of 2015 so far!

Chloe is an exceptional character and plays a great female lead. I was blown away by her past and how it shaped her life in present day. And Blake, amazing. Blake's character went against all stereotypes of the "rich jock" that most novels play on. There were times that I wasn't happy with his characer, ahem, the cheating. Even though Hannah knew about it I don't approve of cheating- ever. But Chloe and Blake had such great chemistry and an amazing dynamic relationship.

I finished this novel hours ago and am just now getting to write the review because of the emotional turmoil it put me through. I can't really say why, since that'd be a pretty important spoiler, but lets just say... shit gets deep, real deep.

I absolutely recommend this book and hope that you'll give it a chance as I promise you it will leave you in a "red letter" kind of day... want to know what that means? Better go read it ;)

I rate this book 5/5 stars.

Link to purchase:
Amazon: Where the Road Takes Me

No comments:

Post a Comment