Translate

Monday, March 2, 2015

REVIEW: Southern Perfection by Casey Peeler

Life is full of choices: good, bad, and ones you can’t control.

Raegan strives to be perfect in every way. Varsity cheerleader, honor student, and proud granddaughter of Dover Lowery. By day, Raegan is an over-achieving high school student, but at three o’clock, her real work begins.

What happens when appearances are not what they seem? Will Raegan be able to hold on to her life as she knows it, or will she be left all alone? 


 All of these questions are answered with one night, one song, one story, and one boy.

Honestly, I expected this novel to be some ditsy, light hearted teen romance. Boy, was I surprised! Southern Perfection is a shoutout to the bond of family and the strength of love through the good and the bad.

There were some parts, mainly with Raegan and Em, that I thought were a little too cheesy but I still enjoyed this read and towards the end I had tears running down my face. Peeler did an amazing job of making the characters seem real and I felt every emotion that Raegan felt. 

This was the first I have read by Casey Peeler but I'll definitely be purchasing more from her in the future.

I rate this book 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment